To Qualify for SFC, the Patient Must:
- Be Medicaid-eligible and be a participant in the CCSP or SOURCE Waiver Program
- Needs five or more hours of care
- Needs help with ADLs or homemaking activities
- The family member is at least 18 years of age
- Must be committed to taking care of the patient
- Must live with the person as the primary caregiver
- Must be biologically related to the patient
- Background check (GCHEXS) is required
Note; spouses of waiver participants or legal guardians are not eligible for compensation.
Benefits of the SFC Program
Since your loved one stays home, he or she avoids hospitilazation.
Access to Resources
You do not need to be certified to qualify for the SFC program.
Get paid weekly, tax-free, to care for your loved one!
Georgia Waiver Programs
Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is a Medicaid waiver program that provides a range of community-based services to assist individuals who are older or have disabilities.
The Georgia Independent Care Waiver Program (ICWP) offers personal, in-home support services to help adult Medicaid recipients with severe physical disabilities live in their own homes.
Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) is an enhanced primary care case management program serving frail elderly and disabled beneficiaries.
The Structured Family Caregiving program (SFC) with Caring Companions offers financial and support services to Georgia families that deliver care at home for a senior or disabled person.
We provide FREE in-home care assessments. Fill out the form below, and we will respond shortly. All fields required.