Frequently Asked Questions
What services do you offer?
Caring Companions’ services include companion caregivers, long-term care, personal care (such as medication reminders, meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, grooming, and more), dementia and Alzheimer’s care, respite care, domestic help, transportation, and more!
Where in Central Georgia do you provide service?
Caring Companions’ services are available in all of Middle Georgia, including Byron, Danville, Dry Branch, Dublin, Eatonton, Fort Valley, Gordon, Gray, Irwinton, Ivey, Jeffersonville, Lake Oconee, Macon, Madison, McIntyre, Milledgeville, Perry, Forsyth, McDonough, Locust Grove, Greensboro, Roberta, Toomsboro, and Warner Robins, GA.
Is short-term care available?
Yes. Caring Companions can work with you to create a plan of care specific to your individual needs.
Does my insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid cover the fees associated with these services?
We accept Medicaid and private pay. We also work diligently with our clients’ Insurance company and VA Administration to initiate activating use of their Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance Policy Benefits and The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits.
What are your rates?
Caring Companions works with each family on an individual basis to understand your specific needs, and rates are determined upon assessment.
How do I set up services?
Once a request for care has been made, you will receive a free consultation and assessment. A highly flexible, personalized, and suitable care plan is developed and an appropriate service(s) is assigned.
Why Caring Companions vs. a private caregiver?
- You’ll be responsible for state and federal payroll taxes and workers’ compensation insurance.
- What happens if the caregiver doesn’t show up for work? Are you prepared to stay home and take care of your loved one? Or if the care is for you, are you prepared to be left alone without care if the caregiver does not show up?
- Is the private caregiver bonded against theft?
- We are HIPAA Compliant: All employees are required annual educational training in understanding the importance of confidentiality.
- Our staff of caregivers is professionally trained on up to date private care practices and processes and CPR First Aid certified.
- All employees are carefully screened to protect everyone (Clients and Company)
- All employees are required to pass drug screening, fingerprint checks and are screened annually for TB.
If I'm a Caregiver why should I work for Caring Companions?
We offer competitive wages, provide in-house training, PCA testing, First Aid/CPR certification, background checks, and more. We are currently also providing a $100 sign-on bonus. The only qualification is you must work a total of 40 hours!
We provide FREE in-home care assessments. Fill out the form below, and we'll respond shortly.